Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thankful for piano lessons = )

In my Bible reading this morning I read Psalm 45:8

"All Your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from palaces adorned with ivory the music of the strings makes You glad."

This made me think of the song Ivory Palaces by Henry Barraclough...the chorus is:
"Out of the ivory palaces into a world of woe,
Only His great eternal love made my Savior go."

I got the songbook off of the shelf and sat down at the piano and played it for myself. What a blessing to be able to do that!!

I thank God for...
- a father who paid for lessons
- a mother who budgeted carefully to make the paycheck stretch far enough for music lessons and then made sure I practiced...not always a joyful thing!
- time and opportunity in my adult years to practice and then use this ability for God's glory
- a husband who encourages me to keep it up and bought me a beautiful Kawai piano!
- a great collection of songbooks where I can enjoy the physical aspect of playing and the spiritual aspect of worshipping God through music

I love that the Bible tells me that "the music of strings makes You glad"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment