Saturday, September 4, 2010

Memories of Gramma

I had an enjoyable hour or so snapping beans while watching tv today. I kept thinking back to when I'd help Gramma by snapping beans but we'd be sitting on her front porch, usually in the creaky red and white glider, enjoying the day and each other's company.

Well, I hope she enjoyed mine...I sure enjoyed her's! I would give SO MUCH to be able to spend time with her again. She died not long after I'd gotten married. I still felt very young, certainly not an adult yet...actually, I still don't feel like a grown-up!

I wish I could tell her how I've kept her memory alive through my gardening and striving to be a hard worker, just like she was. Most importantly, through following God's plan for my life just as she followed Him for her's.

This past July, I spoke at our family reunion about carrying on Gramma's legacy of godliness and consistent Bible-reading, selflessness and hard work and being a good cook = )

I just wish she knew how much she's loved and missed and thought of...every single day of my life...and how I long to talk to her again. So many things to tell her...to ask her...I cherish my memories of Gramma!

p.s. the beans taste delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment