Saturday, August 21, 2010

Petey takes good care of Pony!

This may not look like much to you but it means SOOOOOOOO much to me! A couple weeks ago someone stole our hanging baskets off the front patio. A neighbor saw the guy but was afraid to try and stop him since he was a BIG man and she wasn't totally for-sure what he was doing. She ran inside to get her husband but by the time they got back outside, he'd taken the baskets and driven off.

So after filing the report with the constable, Petey installed large, bright, motion-detector lights on the peak of the roof...if you click on the picture, it will enlarge so you can see how nicely the front yard is now lit up.

Let me tell you, working in the attic, running wire, in the middle of August, in south Texas is a TRUE labor of love. Whenever I see the lights, I think of how much my Sweety loves me!

With this being Petey's first night gone, it brings me comfort to know that we have the added security of extra lighting out front. And I stop and thank God for my wonderful husband who does such a GREAT job of taking care of me, even when he's on the other side of the world!!

(and Petey allowed me to buy 4 more hanging baskets which I planted with lantana ((of course!!)) and then he double safety-wired the baskets to the hooks which are sunk in concrete...if someone wants to steal THESE baskets, they're really gonna have to work to get them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment