Monday, August 16, 2010

Awana Games Circle is ready for action!

We finished painting the Awana games circle today. We worked on it several hours Friday, then Saturday with a bit of help from Guadalupe and girls, then several hours today...ta-da!

While we were painting, I kept thinking of the kids who were going to be enjoying this come next Sunday night. I could hear their voices...screaming (in a good way!), cheering their teammates on, doing their best.

Then I also remembered playing games at Awana when I was in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. Most of the Bible verses that I have memorized are the ones I memorized during those years!

Awana stands for "Approved workmen are not ashamed"...taken from 2 Timothy 2:15. Being part of Awana changed my life...if your children have an opportunity to join a club, I hope you will consider it = )

No comments:

Post a Comment