Saturday, August 28, 2010

I love this cookbook!!!

This is currently my most favoritist cookbook of all time...past, present and I'd be surprised if I EVER find a better one in the future!

Amy fed me some of her yummy quiche the other day and since I had extra eggs on hand, I decided to make a quiche too. This cookbook has never let me down and today was no different. When I looked up quiche, they had several different recipes for healthy crusts...way cool beans!!!

I used the one that called for crumbled whole wheat bread (I used my own homemade) that you press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. I also added some rosemary from the garden = )

I don't think I crumbled the bread enough but I'm sure it will be ok this time and I can correct it next time. I loaded the quiche down with lots of veggies and it might be too much so I can correct that next time too, if it doesn't taste right.

I only wish my Sweety were here to taste it with me...he would LOVE the red peppers in it! Oh well...just gives me a chance to make another one...

Cooking is so much fun when you have a great cookbook, yummy ingredients (eggs are organic free-range from a local farmer, most of the veggies are home grown) and awesome tools to help you in the kitchen (my Bosch mixer/food processor/blender/juicer machine!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment