Saturday, March 8, 2014

What's making me happy today...

I know...go ahead and laugh...it's kinda silly, even to me. But it's honestly what's making me happy today = )

These are my favorite LL Bean shorts! I have 7 pair of them in different colors. I love the feel of them and I love the way they fit...WHEN they fit...and they haven't fit for almost 5 years now!

But they fit now...and that's making me VERY happy!!! I came so close to getting rid of them cause I figured I didn't have much of a chance of wearing them again. So glad I held on to them = )

And SOOOO glad to discover they fit again! It happened like this...I've been watching my weight creep down for the past two months since starting to follow Simply Filling on Weight Watchers. The other morning I had a thought..."I wonder if I'm getting close to fitting in those shorts".

So I got them out of the other closet and tried them on expecting them to come close to buttoning or maybe even buttoning but being too tight to wear comfortably. Imagine my delight when they fit!! And they weren't too tight!!

I've been putting them on every morning since then, just to enjoy the moment...hahahaha And this morning, they were even loose at the waist band...not LOOSE loose, but how loose I like my waistbands to be = )

Now I just need warm enough weather to actually wear them...

I read this in my daily Bible reading...it's so beautiful...I keep re-reading it!

"Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful. And fully repays the proud person. Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD."

That's me! My hope is in the LORD and I surely do need my heart strengthened. Thanking God for Psalm 31:23-24 today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment