Monday, March 3, 2014

New recipe tested and ready to share...

We love pizza at our house. We love leftover pizza at our house. We love pizza several times a week. My brother is called Pizza King and my mom is Pizza Queen...I guess that makes Petey and I the Pizza Prince and Princess??? hahaha

Here's an easy pizza crust recipe that my friend Shari shared with me...I LOVE easy! And healthy! And tasty! And when it's easy, healthy and tasty, it's the PERFECT Trifecta!!

1 cup of self-rising flour, 1 cup of greek yogurt...mix it up, knead it for 6-8 minutes, roll it out, put your toppings on, bake it!

Now...you know me...I had to use all whole wheat flour = ) So I added some vital wheat gluten and baking powder to substitute for the "self-rising" bit. 1 cup of flour and yogurt didn't make a crust big enough for my usual cast iron pizza pan so the crust turned out thinner than we usually eat but extremely tasty.

The other problem is that I was using my Bosch universal plus mixer to mix and then knead the dough and the 2 cups of ingredients weren't enough for the mixer to knead the dough properly. Next time I will try 3 cups of each and then we'll have enough dough for kneading, for 2 pizzas and for our size pizza pans.

My goal is to find an easy, healthy, tasty pizza dough that can be made up on the spur of the moment and won't take thinking way ahead to do it. I think this is it!

Pizza dough rolled out...ready for toppings

Homemade pesto with basil grown in the garden

Mozzarella cheese next...

Shredded chicken breast that was already cooked and left-over from making chicken spaghetti earlier in the week

Sliced red peppers...in the oven, ready to go!

Finished! The crust browned nicely...it did rise a little bit...if you like a thin crust or "cracker" crust, you will want to stick with the 1 cup of each measurements. My pizza pans are 14 inch.

That's all for now...Happy Monday...stay warm!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Do you think the ethnicity of the yogurt makes any difference? I.e. would "American" yogurt work as well as "Greek"?

    ReplyDelete