Friday, March 7, 2014

Ode to Crochet

Crochet makes me happy...I'm happy that I can do it! I'm happy that I didn't allow the "I can't do this...I quit" to be final. I'm happy that I get to enjoy picking colors and projects and, hopefully someday, a myriad of stitches = ) I'm happy that I can wear my projects and have them be useful.
 
Crochet makes me sad...as I was finishing this scarf tonight, I was getting more and more sad as the rows were counting down. Why??? I have been so excited to wear this scarf since I started it on Sunday... looking forward to enjoying the pretty colors around my neck...thinking about what clothes I have that will complement my new scarf. But I'm sad to see the project end. I won't be actively looking at these pretty colors taking shape into a scarf = ( Is this normal amongst crocheters?
 
Crochet helps me...it gives me something to do to pass the time when I have to wait. Now I LIKE having to wait! I had almost a whole hour of uninterrupted crochet-time while I sat in the cell phone lot at the airport this morning waiting to see whether Petey would make his flight or not. It was GREAT!!!
 
Crochet helps me...not talk so much. I hate that aspect of my personality! I don't want to talk so much...I don't like it...I beat myself up real good afterwards...but I always end up doing it = ( And now it's like I'm expected to talk a lot and be the "conversation instigator and sustainer". But when I'm sitting in a group and I'm crocheting, I can listen and am not expected to participate in the conversation. It's AWESOME!!!
 
I got this neat book today. I'm hoping to learn lots of new stitches...maybe 195 of them! Using sequins on crochet doesn't interest me so I'll skip those = )
 
I'm going to work on a few other craft projects and finish my large lavender alpaca shawl before I start another crochet project. That will give me some time to learn a new stitch or two and maybe some techniques... like scalloped edges!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment