Saturday, May 17, 2014

I think I'm starting to like it here...a little... = )

Week #101 - 109.6 clean weight...112.4 with my heavier clothes on...112.0 official weight - 15 minutes later at the meeting after riding my bike there. What?! How is that possible? This was on the same scale that I weighed on last week and it was bang-on my scale at home. 

But how could I lose 4/10ths of a pound just from riding my bike 2 miles? I did sweat a fair bit but my clothes should've absorbed that and weigh the same. Oh well...I had the same lady weigh me and she didn't give me a hard time since I gained at least a little bit and didn't lose.

I actually saw a green parrot fly out of a palm tree when I was riding to the meeting. At first I thought it was a parakeet but it was WAY too big for that. Then I saw it a little closer and saw it was a parrot. That's kinda neat!

I took some pics on the way home...see the post below  = )

It's been a quiet day today. I didn't get most of the work done I'd planned on but Petey's gone for several days so I always have next week to work too. I love not having the time pressure to do stuff!!

I started reading The Widow of Larkspur Inn again...decided to lay down and read in bed a bit and ended up falling asleep...and waking up with a SPLITTING headache. I know why they call it a "splitting headache" since it feels like your head is splitting open! Today I wished it would split open to relieve the pressure.

I think maybe it came on from riding my bike in the sun. I had my sunglasses on but not my sun hat. To be honest, I wanted to enjoy the breeze in my new shorter hair! I have my hat hanging right near the front door with my sunglasses...need to be more disciplined about wearing it though  = (

I've chatted with Petey quite a bit today...I love being able to do that because it makes it feel like we've been together today. Another blessing from God...internet...chat programs...laptops, iPads, Wi-fi... true blessings!

It was very breezy today and so pleasant. I sat out front awhile and got caught up on some journaling. I kinda fell off the journaling wagon during the move but I really do like having a record to look back on over the years so I want to get back on the wagon.

A couple of the neighborhood kids came and visited awhile...I've been thinking about maybe God has plans to use me to be a blessing to the kids around here. So many of them seem to be on their own after school...

I talked to both mom and dad for awhile...good to hear their voices. 

The Durango wouldn't keep running this morning so that's why I rode my bike to Weight Watchers. Plus, I'd been wanting to anyway. I'd love to ride my bike everywhere instead of driving! I was thinking about church in the morning and then I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. 

They're both within 3 miles of here so the bike is definitely do-able but I'd have to cross some big roads...and neither of those places are good to show up all sweaty. So I was glad Petey diagnosed the problem as the Durango just needing to be driven so I tried again to get it to stay running.

It idled ok so I let it run for about 10 minutes in the driveway and then I made a trip to Wal-mart. It ran just fine there and back so I think I'm good for church in the morning  = )   

I'm going to visit the Reformed Baptist church that was recommended to us by the good folks at Grace Bible Church in Plantation...where we really wanted to attend and had planned on but then God had other plans for us to not live in that area!

We checked out the website of Emmanuel Baptist Church and Petey even listened to a sermon already...he said it was really good! I'm just hoping they sing at least A FEW hymns...oh yeah, I played the piano some today..."I Must Tell Jesus" was one that had been going through my head. How wonderful to be able to sit down at the piano and play for myself! Thanks for the lessons, folks = )

When I was riding my bike to Weight Watchers, I saw a field that looked like it would be GREAT for frisbee for Dingo so that's where we went on our walk tonight. It's only 1/2 a mile away but that worked out nicely for Buddy to be able to go too.

Dingo did AMAZING!!!! I threw the frisbee as far as I could and he totally surprised me a number of times at what he was able to catch and how far and fast he could run to get there in time! He sure was tired coming home...he'll sleep well tonight = )

I also read my Bible, of course!, and did my thankful journal and crocheted some. I'm gonna go crochet a bit more before bed.

Just got done web-camming with my Sweety...so nice to see his face and hear his voice! Nitey-nite, ya'll = ))

No comments:

Post a Comment