Monday, May 12, 2014

4 mile run to start the day!

YAY!  I did 4 miles at an average 11:24 per mile pace. Walked some in the first 1/2 mile, then ran with no walk breaks for the next 1.5 miles. Did one running mile in 10:08 so I guess I haven't lost all my running fitness! 

Had a light bulb moment when I realized the Publix (grocery store chain here in Florida) at the 2 mile point might have a water fountain...they did!! Got a nice long cold drink of water and then headed out again.

Walked for a bit then started running again and ran another mile straight with no walk breaks. This one was harder...and slower...I was getting tired. Then ran and walked the last .8 to home.

I didn't wear my normal running clothes because I only expected to do a bit of running here and there. But the first long running bit felt SO good that I just kept going! I wore running shorts for the first time in years...felt a little funny since they're quite a bit shorter than my running skirts.

Then I saw a girl in Publix who had on shorts WAAAAAAAAAAY shorter than mine... indecently short in my opinion. I don't want to see ANY part of ANYBODY'S bum, thank you very much!

Anyhow, I had a really good time, am looking forward to doing it again tomorrow except not 4 miles, and will wear my full-on running clothes = )   The other thing I'm feeling is more tired than usual. I'm fighting the urge to lay down cause I know I'll fall asleep and I don't want to!

I unpacked 3 or 4 more boxes in the craft room. I ordered some more banker boxes but these are stackable drawers...not ones to go on the metal shelf. I wanted to get the boxes unpacked in the corner where the new banker box stack will go.

I also put my House Mouse stamps out on one of the shelves Petey hung up for me yesterday. I love how objects remind me of people. I totally enjoyed thinking about Phyllis Dunavent while I positioned the House Mouse stamps. And then the guinea pig stamp reminded me of Carol Crabtree.

What a blessing to have a memory and be able to attach that fond memory to an object I treasure...along with the person I treasure! My new home is filled with wonderful memories through my cherished items!

I was thinking about this this morning as I was reading the Bible verse in the card box that Lori Schweers made me over 10 years ago (almost 10 years ago???). Giving someone a gift of God's Word is the very best gift you can give them. His Word is active and alive and WILL change your life when you read it, submit to it and obey it!

I have a couple plaster plaques that Petey made with his dad when he was a boy. My gramma had the same kind of plaques in her house. The plaques are meant to be painted and I've always MEANT to paint them but never got around to it. NOW I WILL!! I want those verses hanging on the walls somewhere in this house as a reminder to me of what God is speaking to me and also as a reminder of Petey's childhood and his father. I just need to ask Petey what kind of paint I'm supposed to use to paint them  = )

I've been crocheting in between working in the craft room. I'm gonna have to make dog blankets or something cause I'm not seeing a big need for scarves here. They don't keep their stores, offices, churches, etc. so freezy-cold like they do in Texas! Right now I'm working on the shawl for my mom. 

I do need to do the dishes and I'll be taking the boys for a walk tonight. Petey's gone on a flight and won't be home until Wednesday or so. 

That's all for now...I'll try to post some pics of my treasures after awhile!

2 comments:

  1. The ladies of our church are thinking about having a day where the ladies can fellowship while learning how to knit, crochet, embroider and such. I am thinking of going. I also mentioned it to Mom in case she wants to go with me. It is still just a plan though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see that shawl you're making for Hen when you are done. And yes, I will always love anything "HOUSE MOUSE!" They are the cutest things; I have been following their creations for years, maybe even since their inception

    in the 1980's.

    ReplyDelete