Saturday, August 14, 2010

I love scrapbooking!!

I got to work on my scrapbook today...that always makes me HAPPY!!!

I made my very first scrapbook page at a Creative Memories party over 10 years ago. I've played around with different kinds of albums, styles, methods...never finding the perfect fit for my likes, dislikes, needs, wants, desires.

Today I was telling Petey that it's finally all come together for me!

- I have an album type that is easy, quick and simple, yet allows me enough room for creativity and journaling.

- Not only do I have a digital camera but it happens to be on my cell phone, which is always handy and very easy to upload onto my computer.

- Ah...my computer! I LOVE my iMac!! This is really what has fixed the last few dislikes I had about trying to scrapbook. My pictures are automatically organized according to date, separated into files...automatically! Super easy to find the one I'm looking for. If it's a horizontal picture and I need a vertical one, a few quick clicks of the mouse and I have my vertical picture!


Thanks to Hobby Lobby and their 50% off sticker sales, I can even indulge myself without breaking the budget = )

The albums are from Parker.

www.parkeralbums.com

No need to crop pictures, tape them in, mat them, shape them...but you can if you want! You can mix and match page layouts and sizes or just use a blank sheet of paper for traditional scrapbooking. You can leave a picture window empty to be able to put a longer journal entry there or a stamped, colored image like I did in the top picture. You can make the pages as simple or as fancy as you want.

Anyhow, today I sat at the computer, printed out pictures, slid them into the slots on the pages and got almost 6 months completed, ready to be decorated and journaled = )

I thank God for the opportunity to scrapbook. The process is fun, the memories are fun, and sharing them with friends and family is fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment