Thursday, May 8, 2014

The house all to myself...

....well, and with all my babies too  = )

Petey's gone on a flight...he should be back early tomorrow morning. He left a little after midnight. I'm finding it interesting just how much I'm missing him! He hasn't even been gone 12 hours and I was asleep for most of that! 

Guess that's a good thing...to be missing him...except that I'm missing him...hahaha

I have had a productive morning though...emptied the last box in the bedroom, the last one in the living room and unpacked another one in the craft room. It only had a few crafty things in it...it was mostly Longaberger baskets and that's what I was after.

Yesterday we went on a 3 mile walk in the morning and a 2 mile run/walk in the evening with the dogs (minus Buddy). I was a little sore from our 4 mile run/walk on Monday so I'm trying to work the soreness out.

Today I'm still sore and I'm fixin to head out on another long walk. Not sure how far I'll go.

Yesterday was more like a normal day...nice for a change! We got to play lots of rounds of Rummikub. Dingo got 2 frisbee sessions  = )

We ran a couple errands...I couldn't resist the bug to plant just a little "something" here so I got a bag of dirt and a Heatwave tomato plant from Lowe's and put that in the pot we took the palm tree out of. I also planted some yellow wax and green bush beans around the tomato.

We got LOTS of stuff hung on the walls! I posted the pics on Facebook but let me see how hard and/or slow it is to post them here now...



This is the view from the laundry room. I turned around yesterday and it struck me that this looks very much like a country kitchen! I love country kitchens!! This kitchen is bigger than my old one in Houston even though the house is half the size.

















Here's my garden for now  = )   I'm planning on a raised bed for October planting. That's the main planting time around here but the stores are selling transplants right now for the 2nd planting. It's the reverse from Houston, I guess. Interesting!




This is all just stuff we hung on the walls and such. It does make it feel much more like OUR home now. 

We had a beautiful sunset last night but Blogger isn't letting me post more pics after this last batch. I'll post them from my phone after this.

Lunch is done and I'm fixin to head out to walk...

1 comment:

  1. love it!! I am so glad you are close enough to NOT have to miss him like whenyou were here and he was gone for so long....:-)

    ReplyDelete