Monday, May 5, 2014

Some pics for you!



This is our family heirloom cookie jar...the lid of it is a teapot. Mom made us a big batch of applesauce cookies to fill the cookie jar with when we got here. That's exactly what I did as soon as I unpacked the cookie jar and found the box with the cookies!


This is looking down our street towards a beautiful sunset. Most evenings we have a nice pink sky in the west. There are lots of trees around us. I need to take a pic of the norfolk pine!


Our new home. I think it will look REALLY GOOD with a big ol' red Texas star on the front there...really! Just need to figure out how to get one  = )  The place does look more homey now that I have all my Texas stained glass hanging up. This was mid-flattening boxes so sorry for the trash there...


There's actually quite a bit of space under the kitchen sink, as you can see. That's 6'2" Petey under there!


Even in the midst of uncomfortable install work he has a smile on his face!


And there's the result! I can't believe I finally have my dream sink!!! The faucet is awesome too and it's really nice to have the garbage disposer. I've had one continuously for the past 20 some years and all of a sudden, I didn't know what I was supposed to do about the food scraps! Well, I should mention that neither sink had the little drain basket so that was the biggest problem. But now I don't have to worry about it at all...yay!!


Here's Petey at the start of hanging the stained glass. I haven't found all of my Longaberger baskets to fill up my tower yet...


SOOOOOOOOO happy to have found this trail!!! It goes for miles and miles and is so pleasant! We did 4 miles this morning...we even had some shade in spots. Looking forward to riding our bikes on it so we can go farther than when we run. The bad thing is that there's no water along the way...made me miss my Bear Creek Park  = ((   Gonna have to get in the habit of carrying water with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment