Friday, May 2, 2014

I have no idea what to title each post now...

Might as well do my normal weigh-in day data...first, some catch-up

Week #95 - 113.0
Week #96 - 112.4
Week #97 - 112.2
Week #98 - had to miss the meeting
Week #99 - 112.2

I was really surprised to discover that I weighed exactly the same as I did at my last WW meeting in Texas. This was after eating a fairly large and heavy breakfast too!

So...today...slept much better last night because we used the dog gate/fence thingys to have the dogs in the kitchen overnight instead of them having the run of the house. 

They must've REALLY felt much more comfortable with the re-established boundaries because they slept the whole night through without crying at our bedroom door or asking to go out or any other thing that woke me up the 4-6 times a night like the previous week's nights! AWESOME!!

I ate fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal and about 1/4 cup of heavy cream for breakfast. I like uncooked oatmeal WAAAAAAY better than cooked...it seems like granola without the nuts to me  = )

Then I did some normal house-keeping things like empty the dishwasher and straighten the kitchen table and such. Petey hung my new Elfa pantry door organizer and I filled some of the trays with spices and other stuff I normally kept in the one I had in the Houston house. 

I worked on emptying a couple boxes and then it was time to leave for the Weight Watchers meeting. I was dreading it and looking forward to it all at the same time. I wanted to go to get weighed in but I knew it would be a totally new environment with new people and everything.

The meeting was at an actual Weight Watchers store compared to meeting at a church like I did in Texas. I'm glad that I had been to a couple of meetings at a WW store in Houston so I knew what to do.

Everyone was from New York!! They all had that well-recognized NY accent. Our leader reminded me so much of Barbra Streisand! Except for the accents, it's funny how similar the meeting was to Houston's...1200 miles from the gang in Houston and we all share the same eating/weight issues and challenges.

The neat thing is that this meeting is 1.75 miles from my new house with a sidewalk running the whole way there and I can ride my bike or run or walk to the meeting if I want...way cool beans!!

Speaking of running...wow...I REALLLLLLY miss it! I should try to run a little in the morning... it's been so long since I went for a run. We took the dogs for a walk last night...ended up going farther than planned. Poor Buddy...it was too much for him and I ended up carrying him part of the way home  = (

Anyhow, I was HUN-GREEEE when I got home so I made pasta primavera...sauteed yellow squash, zucchini, shallots, and red peppers with chicken sausage in olive oil...added Costco's marinara sauce to the mix. Sauteed some mushrooms in butter separately since Petey doesn't care for mushrooms.

Served all that on top of whole wheat angel hair pasta and had cottage cheese on the side and I couldn't finish my plate! I finished it for supper  = ))  Petey had a big bowl of corn...a typical supper for him.

Petey did another project after lunch...putting a dividing board in the cupboard under the kitchen sink. It's a triple cupboard but I don't need that much space for under-the-kitchen-sink stuff so with the dividing board, I can have another cupboard for "clean kitchen" items rather than cleaners and sponges and such. 

Know what I mean? Under the kitchen sink never seems as clean an area as other cupboards! He caulked all around it and sealed it off from the under-the-sink area  = )

I was out of motivation to hit the unpacking hard again so we played a game of Rummikub and then I worked on unpacking again. I got all my Texas stained glass out and we'll hang those in the windows once we buy more hooks at the store. I can't wait to see them in the windows again!!

We played another round of Rummikub and then worked outside in the pleasant evening. I did pooper duty, frisbee with Dingo, then helped Petey put up some fence to make the backyard more secure for the dogs. Then a lady was walking by with her two grandkids so we ended up visiting a bit and letting the kids throw the ball for Dingo. 

It's really nice to see lots of family activity in this neighborhood. There are just enough run-down places to cause concern but there are plenty of really nice places where you can tell people care and want to take care of their property. Lots of people walk in the neighborhood and they've almost all been very friendly. That makes me feel better.

And that's it for today! I did have time to do my normal Quiet Time. Well, almost normal... I didn't do any crochet after reading my Bible! Maybe soon...hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment