Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blogging from 35,000 feet up!

I'm sitting here on a United flight headed to Houston and my beloved home and babies!! Of course, by the time you read this, I'll BE home = )

Here are the things I'm looking forward to:

- sitting on the couch in the parlor with a dog on either side of me, one at my feet, a kitty or two on my lap and more kitties scattered around, reading my Bible, drinking hot tea, looking out the window and watching the activity in the neighborhood.

- walking the dogs over to Bear Creek Park

- drinking in the beauty of my bluebonnets which have surely put out many more blooms in the 10 days we've been gone

- eating my own made-from-scratch home cooking! As a side note...

This trip was a nutritional experiment for me: can a 112 pound woman survive mainly on baby food? The answer is YES! I won't know if I've lost any weight until I weigh myself before bed tonight but if I have, it's not much.

I only had one bout of stomach troubles and that's when I drank a shake made with protein powder that was a little past its "best by" date. I thank God for leading me down the baby aisle and giving me the presence of mind to get the baby food. And I'm also thankful that I actually LIKE the taste of baby food...hahahaha  Simple, complete nutrition, no additives or artificial anything...AWESOME!

So the only time we ate out was at the McDonald's on Key West. Petey survived on meal replacement bars, coffee, graham crackers, triscuits and some lunch meat we bought at the store. He also ate some bread that I brought from home until it went bad. Ok, back to the list...

- hearing Happy's oink-oink-oink and holding her...I wonder if I will think she has grown bigger since we left?

- going to Weight Watchers tomorrow

- having and using appliances! the hotel we stayed in was a budget one...we brought our own Keurig from home so at least we had hot water for coffee, tea, and instant foods. 

- not having to pack everything up each morning before leaving my bedroom = )

- sleeping in my own bed!!!!!! with lots of kitties snuggling with me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! I am sure your furry kids are all excited to have you home with them again. :-)

    Faith

    ReplyDelete