Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Determined...

I'm determined to blog a little bit every day (except Sunday) and maybe even a couple times a day if I can manage it since there is one blog that I read (Content in a Cottage) where she does that and I enjoy it so much! I'd love to think that there is just one person out there who gets that kind of enjoyment out of this blog. Which means I need to be consistent and I need to be interesting! I'm gonna work on both = )

I finished reviewing the first Tosca Reno book...The Eat Clean Diet. Turns out I AM eating clean! The only area where I disagree with her has to do with low-fat or fat-free food. If we're going to eat food in it's most natural state, why tell people to eat low-fat or fat-free food when God created it with the fat? I also disagree with Weight Watchers in this area. Weight Watchers also encourages you to eat artificial sugar, which is one of the worst things I can put in my body...sooooooo sick = (

Here's my nutrition guideline: if God created it, it's good, all in balance. That means I eat butter and cream and cheese and carrots and avocados and olives and potatoes. But in their proper amounts for a healthy balance. I don't eat margarine and fat-free cheese and Crisco. I do drink non-fat milk but that's because I prefer powdered milk. If they made whole milk powdered milk, I would use that and maybe water it down because I'm used to the "thinner" milks.

Reno promotes eating whole grains, which I TOTALLY agree with. She doesn't mention pasta very much, not even whole wheat pasta...maybe she doesn't even mention it at all, come to think of it! I understand that the goal is to eat minimally processed and hard spaghetti that you boil is more processed than eating the whole grain cooked.

But even in that I think I would say that I wouldn't swear off whole wheat pasta but maybe eat it a lower percentage of the time compared with brown or wild rice, quinoa and some other whole grains. I have a pasta maker...I wonder if Reno would consider homemade pasta healthier than store-bought hard pasta???

Anyhow, I have a whole lot more I could say on this subject...and I may at a later time...but it's late and I'm tired and maybe it wouldn't be all that interesting anyhow! hahahahahahahahaahahahahhahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment