Sunday, April 22, 2012

Right Thinking

Had a chance to test myself today on several areas of my thinking where I've been working. 


We took Petey's old college roommate up to a church in Cleveland, Texas where he was sharing his testimony. Amazing hearing all that God has done in Dave Porter's life. He spoke on "not my will, but Thine be done". Dave and his family have suffered numerous MAJOR tragedies...just hearing about some of them left my heart in my stomach...but they've been able to say "not my will, but Thine". Good lesson, good reminder, lots of conviction! 


The church had a time of fellowship before Sunday School...doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, sausage biscuits (I love!), and cookies were served. I had eaten a meal bar on the drive up to the church and knew I didn't need any more food so I stayed in my seat and didn't even go over to the tables.


It gave me an opportunity to think through the situation:


- am I going to stay away from treat tables for the rest of my life? no, but I'm fine with staying away TODAY


- how will I handle these kinds of situations for the rest of my life? well, I will think each one through, make my conscious choice to either eat or not eat...if I choose to eat, I will decide on what I want to have and how much...I will decide how I'm feeling as far as resistance goes...can I handle eating a certain amount and then stopping or will eating SOME lead to overeating MUCH?


- I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to learn, thoroughly, a way of living that is do-able, in the real world, meeting every day situations, testing situations, a way to handle foods that commonly lead me to overeat


- meal replacement and protein bars are not as satisfying as real food...what are some solutions to "eating healthy on the go"? I didn't know they would be serving food here, it caught me off guard. I was hungry but they didn't have any fruit or any other thing that was healthy  = (


- should I have some sort of cooler packed with REAL food to take with me whenever I leave the house? is that practical?


- should I eat when I'm hungry and then cut back the next day or do extra activity?


- what are the steps involved for me to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life??? there are so many different situations that I can't even dream up to try to be prepared for ahead of time!


Anyhow, I just wanted to share with ya'll...and get them down "on paper" for me to remember and ponder. If anyone has words of wisdom or practical advice, I'm all ears  = ) 

1 comment:

  1. I typically will always bring food with me in some of those little snack ziploc bags. Some almonds, a few dark chocolate chips, raisins. Make your own little trail mix (the kind you buy prepackaged are BAD! for the most part). also a small little cooler; i have one that holds maybe 4 cans of soda so its small, will also help. you can pack some grilled chicken mashed with some avocado...or fruit.

    ReplyDelete