Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thinking of ML and Alex...


Yesterday I planted 24 lantana plants and today I moved one of the compost bins... both projects caused me to think of my friend, ML, all day long. ML loves lantana too...and the windchime that hangs closest to the compost bin was one of ML and Alex's wedding presents that they passed along to me = )

We have never met another couple with whom we've had SO much in common and I think it's doubtful we ever will again!

Alex & Petey:
Alex is a flight physician and a private pilot
Petey is a commercial pilot and has twice a year flight physicals...but not from Alex. They both love aviation, obviously.

Alex is athletic but not necessarily a runner (although he's just recently signed up for his first marathon!) He's very supportive of his wife, who IS a runner.
Petey enjoys biking, hiking, working out, being active & athletic but doesn't consider himself a runner even though he runs with me sometimes. But he's also VERY supportive of my love of running = )

They both have a very dry, somewhat silly/intelligent sense of humor.

ML & Pony:
We both love to cook as naturally and healthfully as possible. We strive for balance in our diets and love to feed our hubbies healthy food that also tastes great.

We both love to run, especially marathons, and have recently switched our thinking from "I must qualify for Boston or I'll never be satisfied with my running" to "I want to enjoy this...have fun...savor the experience, whether I ever BQ or not".

We both love the great outdoors and would rather be outside than inside.

As couples:
We are living our lives for the glory of God.
We do not have children and will more than likely never have children...the human kind, that is.
We love to sit around the table talk, talk, talking. Then go for a walk around the neighborhood, then sit down at the table again and talk some more. Seems like we never run out of things to talk about!
Alex, ML and Petey all love to travel and have done so extensively. I'm content to travel through them = )

So having these 2 days with thoughts full of good memories of ML and Alex have been a most pleasant way to tackle hard work in nearly 100* temps!

Thanks, ML and Alex, for being one-of-a-kind AWESOME friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment