Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Houston bids farewell to one of the best!

Ok, Helen Grant isn't in this picture = ) This is K with her dog Ozzy, Barb with her dog Bob, and my sister-by-love Faithy with her dog Misha.

But we were gathered tonight to bid farewell to one of Houston's BEST runners... and maybe the NICEST one too!

Helen is amazing...it's been so much fun watching what she accomplishes on road and trail. I don't think I was ever able to cheer for her because she always finished so far ahead of me but I cheered loudly every time she collected her award...which was often!!

She will be greatly missed. Not just because of her running ability but because of her kindness. She never missed an opportunity to encourage and support her fellow runners, no matter what their level of ability.

I will remember her sweetness long after she's gone = ((

No comments:

Post a Comment