Monday, August 2, 2010

My backyard view...

This is the view out the big wall of windows in the living room. Every single day... multiple times a day, I'm thankful for my pergola!

I'd planned, envisioned, dreamed about my pergola for several years. I looked at other pergolas anywhere I could find them...took pictures, collected pics from magazines, looked online...thought about what features I wanted, things I didn't like.

Petey has never claimed to be a carpenter. He can build stuff and fix stuff just fine but it might not look professional. It will work wonderfully but might just look so-so.

In dreaming of my pergola, I took this into account. Really, it was being built over my garden for practical purposes, not for looks. But I wanted to enjoy it's aesthetic value also. Just didn't get my hopes up too high in that area.

So to have this gorgeous pergola, that looks totally professional, even BETTER than I'd dreamed, envisioned...that my Sweety Petey built with his own two hands purely out of love for me...what a gift that is! A daily, visible reminder of that love.

I love my flagstone path too...and even though the rock-filled ditch in front of the patio is purely practical (drainage), I really like how that looks too!

Sometimes I miss the huge yard we had when we lived in the country but this view makes up for it = )

No comments:

Post a Comment