Friday, May 23, 2014

One month ago today...

What a difference a day makes...24 little hours...

And what a difference a month makes too! God has poured His grace on me abundantly and my cup runneth over = )

I am learning several lessons through all of this...I'm not sure I can articulate all of them at this early date but I've been thinking lately about the passage of time.

I remember going through a very low spot in my life during my 19th year. I wrote on a piece of paper, "this too shall pass" and taped it to the head of my bed. It just felt like my life was SO messed up that it would never be the same again...that it would never be "happy" again.

But I knew at that young age that those older and wiser who had gone before me promised me that "this too shall pass". So I clung to that promise.

And I discovered that the first was true...my life WOULD never be the same again...because I was learning some very hard lessons...adult-sized lessons...that I've since been reminded of over and over again. How people will fail you frequently...friends, co-workers, loved ones, near strangers... and that only God deserves and can uphold my TOTAL trust in Him.

So it would have behooved me well to have taped a piece of paper with "this too shall pass" on my headboard a month ago and then just....wait........and wait some more....................  Just do the next thing and be patient........let one day tick by second by second until the dawning of the next day.

And little by little, second by second, moment by moment, the sharp homesickness would smooth out. The feeling of "THAT'S home...THIS will never be home" will work it's way around 180 degrees.

And then one day, it will catch me off guard..."I like it here! I like this and this and this and that and these are things that I couldn't have had or experienced if I hadn't moved away from my beloved home in Texas and come to make a new home in Florida!"

Even with counting my blessings every day, it seemed like I would never reach the point of LIKING it here. And now here it is, just 30 days later and I feel like a traitor...I feel disloyal...I feel inconstant. But mostly I feel thankful to God and overflowing with joy!! hahahahahaha

I'm being reminded so often of things that I had asked God for while we lived in Texas and that He's answering those prayers here...giving me the desires of my heart...desires that I've had for many years. Do you know how WONDERFUL that feels?!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ"...and He has blessed me with many, many physical blessings in the earthly places too = ))

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how happy I am for you- I have prayed for your acceptance of all that has happened in such a short amount of time. It's hard, it's unfair, it's poopy,...Boy, do I know! But, I do what you did at 19 (how wise!) and know 'that this too shall pass'.
    Hugs to the Boys!
    Love you, Shari

    ReplyDelete