Thursday, July 29, 2010

Potty-training with Happy Heather!

My friend Amy asked if I would be willing to help potty-train her daughter Heather. Heather is a certified sweetheart...I love spending time with Amy's kids!! So, of course, I answered with an enthusiastic YES!

Amy has 3 other children at home including a nursing 5 month old so an extra pair of helping hands was warranted in this situation...even though Amy is perfectly capable of doing this on her own.

What a privilege to be part of this experience with her. To be proud of her when she is proud...to have the adrenaline rush that comes with "I have to go potty!!" and racing for the bathroom (or kitchen or wherever the potty chair happens to be at the moment...we keep it close).

Look at her smile...she loves her star stickers..."1 star for wee-wee and 2 stars for poops!" You should've seen her smile when she got to put on her big girl underwear that she picked out at Wally-world on Tuesday. Thanks, Amy, for giving me this special memory with your precious daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment