Thursday, June 26, 2014

Play by Play Didn't Work

Oh well...I'm trying to figure out the "just right" parameters where I will blog often and consistently. Facebook is so much easier! 

I thought maybe short little updates would make it easier to blog from my phone. That's where the Play by Play came into...but then I only gave you the first play and then we got so busy and crazy that I never did any more "plays"! 

I'm mostly blogging for my mom and Shari who don't do Facebook. I'm gonna keep on trying. Blogging from my phone is best and easiest, as is Facebook. The blogger app works just fine for that. Just need to get into a groove  = )

So here are the "plays" from yesterday:

- went to the thrift store to get the 2 matching night tables to match the dresser we got the previous day...we're turning the dresser into our new bathroom vanity with vessel sinks... way cool beans!!!!

- we were also going to look for a cabinet or armoire or something to replace the smaller linen cabinet in the bathroom...we found an amazing china hutch that they were wanting to get rid of...$65!!! It's over 7 feet tall and 4 feet wide! 

- discovered it wouldn't fit in the back of the Durango

- came home, borrowed a trailer from the people who sold us our house, picked up the hutch, the sellers met us back at our house and helped us carry the hutch into the house

- discovered that the hutch is 4 inches too wide to fit in the space in the bathroom...boooo!!!

- we'll use it in our bedroom...close enough to the bathroom to store bathroom stuff in it anyhow

- Petey worked on laying floor, taking out the old toilet, getting ready to install the new toilet and helping me with whatever I needed help with

- I worked on normal household chores and painting...painted some of the quarter-round and then the trim around several doorways

- went to mid-week Bible study, then Lowe's

- got the medium blue that we're painting the bathroom and I started on that when we got home while Petey made popcorn for a late supper. Have I told ya'll what a master of popcorn my Petey is? His popcorn tastes AMAZING!!

- I wanted to paint behind the toilet while I had the chance before Petey installed it

- LUUUUUUUV the shades of blue we chose!!!! Light blue is on the walls...medium blue will be in the bathrooms, the trim along the tops of the walls and the base of the cabinets...the darker blue (but not really dark...just the darkest shade of blue on the color card) is on the bottom trim and doors and will be on the cupboard doors in the kitchen

- we watched House Hunters while we ate our popcorn...one of the houses that was built in 1776 has the exact same color scheme that we'll have!!! WAY COOL BEANS!!!

- I'm not ready to post pics yet, the house truly looks like a construction zone!, but I will soon

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment