Saturday, May 31, 2014

Another dream coming true!!!



We were told to not bury posts in concrete, just allow the sand to settle around the post and they would be stronger than if you used concrete so that's what we did...well, Petey dug the holes...I helped fill the hole with sand  = )



My Sweety Petey...he really is the most amazingly sweet man to work this hard to give me something that isn't needed...just desired.


I've wanted a white picket fence since I was around 11 years old. I'm finally getting it! After I paint it white, that is. I'm thinking about maybe doing a Tom Sawyer thing with the neighborhood kids ; )

Seriously, it will be a fairly big job to paint it but I have a big roller and a small one and will use the brush for whatever can't be reached with either of the rollers. I'm HIGHLY motivated...37 years is a long time to wait for a dream to come true!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's is SO nice! I've always wanted to have a picket fence too since I was young. I think it makes the yard look prettier and more inviting, especially with beautiful flowers along the fence. Does your area have HOA?

    I'm already two days late, but happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should get the neighborhood kids to help you!

    ReplyDelete