Saturday, December 7, 2013

Let the Winter Challenge Begin!

Week #75 - 116.2
Week #76 - 116.6
Week #77 - 117.0
Week #78 - 116.8  -  earned another bead...I already have the beads for 72, 78 and 84...feels     good to actually be earning them now  = )

I'm feeling really positive about maintaining my weight through the winter. We've had quite a bit of gray, damp, cloudy, cool and downright COLD days lately and I haven't been running hardly at all and not even doing much walking! 

But I've been able to make adjustments in my eating and the numbers on the scale are staying steady. I've been able to enjoy the treats that come with Thanksgiving and Christmas and have not gained weight.

What I usually find is that if I over-indulge in too many sweets, they make me feel sickly and I end up not eating as much for the next day or two. Wow, what a perfect example of how my body really doesn't want that junk! Now if I could only convince my mouth....

I have seen a rise in my body fat percentage which doesn't make me happy but it's not throwing me into a panic either, which I'm pleased about. I have enough other stuff in my life that causes anxiety, it's nice to have something that DOESN'T cause it!

I watch the forecast for sunny days and temperate days and plan to take advantage of them when I can. I'm not pressuring myself to go out and do a workout just for the sake of getting it done. 

I have to get 55 miles for December if I want to finish with 1000 miles for the year. I was on schedule to get 1200 miles but that's not gonna happen now. Disappointed but not terribly so.

I really do want to find some kind of exercise that I WANT to do as much as I love to run and walk outside on nice days. For all you hot-weather haters...the way you feel about hot weather is exactly how I feel about cold! Give me sunny and 95* any day!!

I got the Wii out and I'm going to give that another shot. Some girls in my Weight Watchers group totally love it so I need to try again. The WW dvd workouts are REALLY strenuous for me...even when I follow the beginner leader! Somehow running 5 miles at a 9:15 pace is SOOOOOO much easier than one of those workout dvds!

If anyone has a favorite dvd for working out, please let me know. I've thought about looking into the Leslie Sansone (sp?) ones...I think my mom has one I could borrow...

I haven't been tracking...maybe some "head" tracking on some days. I find that I mostly go by my weight the night before and whether I need to have a "light, normal, or extra" day. Not very many "extra" days  = )

I pretty much just try to eat as many non-starchy veggies as I can without having to force myself to eat them. That usually works out to be about what I'm supposed to eat for the day. I try to make sure I have a couple solid protein servings since I also struggle with getting those in. 

I'm so thankful for Progresso soups...perfect for this season and weather! They fill me up for low points...provide good servings of fiber and protein too, for the most part.

If I don't talk to you til after...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment