Thursday, September 27, 2012

My body continues to fight me...

Week 16 of Maintenance...that's 4 MONTHS of maintaining!!! 6 months since joining Weight Watchers and eating according to PointsPlus every day. Wow, the time has gone by so quickly!!

Weighed 119.0 at home, 120.4 at the meeting

So...I'm happy to report that my body fat percentage has returned to normal...21-23%. I'd love for it to be consistently under 23% but as long as it's close, I'm good. I still have no idea what made it go up!

My problem now...my BIG problem now, is my left lower back...the "dimple" joint, to be specific. I strained it 2 weeks ago while moving furniture around for when I hosted Ladies Bible Study here. Then a number of different things (that I know now) exacerbated it and as of Tuesday...nasty, nasty, miserable pain  = (

I kept running because it seemed to make it feel better. And it definitely felt better while I was running and immediately after. But then several hours after and for the rest of the day, it was considerably worse. So I decided to rest from running and just walk.

I enjoyed the walks...mentally, emotionally, spiritually...but experienced the same worsening of the back pain later on during the day. Yesterday and today I've rested from all but essential activity.

I've been experimenting with what helps, what hurts and what doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm starting to think a doctor visit might be in my future but I'd like to give it a few more days of "being good"...meaning, not doing anything that makes it worse to give my back a chance to get better...such as sitting for almost 2 hours in prayer meeting last night!!!

Sitting is the WORST. Walking is good, until I get tired of being on my feet. Laying down on the heating pad feels pretty nice. I've got some good meds that I'm taking now...I didn't start taking anything for at least a week cause I just kept thinking that it was a bit of soreness that would go away on its own.

But something to be thankful for...with the rest from running has also come the rest from a ravenous appetite! That is SO nice...there's a teeny-tiny part of my brain that says "stop running and you can feel this way all the time!"  But then a bigger part of my brain gets sad and says "nooooooo!!! you would miss it SOOOO much!!"

2 more weeks and I get some spacer beads for my Pandora bracelet  = ))

No comments:

Post a Comment