Thursday, June 28, 2012

Maintenance Week #3 Completed

I know I just posted on Monday but I got the idea to post at least once a week...on Thursday since that's when I have my official weigh-in at Weight Watchers and these things are fresh on my mind.


So...I was 1.4 pounds under the bottom of my goal weight range after getting dressed this morning. I'd already eaten some and drank A TON (sweating it out almost faster than I can drink it in these days) but ate and drank some more on the way to the meeting.


Turns out I didn't eat and drink as much as I thought I was and ended up being under for my weigh-in but they didn't say a single word! I need to do better about stopping the weight loss though.


As I've said before, it's easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy for me to lose weight in the spring and summer. I could maintain 110-115 with not much effort. But that is NOT true come fall and winter!


The plan has always been to choose a weight that I can maintain all year round and that's why I chose 118-122. Because my ultimate goal is to stop the yo-yo on the scale. I'm not sure how much work and willpower will be needed to maintain that in the winter but I'll be finding out in a few months  = )


The good thing is that I won't be training for a marathon so that won't be messing with my metabolism and hunger levels. My winter running should be much more consistent day to day compared to marathon training.


So my challenge right now is to eat what I'm burning off with crazy busy active high-energy hard working days in the heat heat HEAT of a Texas summer.


And the same for the fall and winter when I'm not nearly so active and not burning even 1/2 the calories of what I am right now. Cold, stuck inside, hungry all the time...gotta get all my preparations firmly cemented in my thoughts and plans right now so that I'm prepared in a few months.


I've been making a mental list of my go-to foods for filling me up the best with the fewest calories and least chance of rebound eating. You know...like when you eat something and that makes you hungry for something else so you eat that and then you're hungry for another something else that's different. I have a lot of trouble with that in the colder months...


And I've already been telling myself that I MUST put strict limits on any holiday treat-eating...no more "I ran 17 miles today so I can keep eating these cookies until I'm full" business!


I'm still very concerned that I will fail again but I'm also strangely looking forward to the test and the challenge to see if I CAN do it. 


And on that note...good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment