Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A VERY Happy Day!

Why, you ask?


- I have reached a weight and size where I am comfortable enough to run in just my jog bra and running skirt without having to wear a shirt! If I have any northern readers, they're probably scratching their heads and saying, "what's the big deal about that?!"  


It's already hot in Texas for us runners/ and will only get Hotter, before we move on to HOTTEST! When running, the less clothes the better!!


- I was doing a fast mile workout this morning. 1 mile warm-up, 1 fast mile, 1 mile cool-down. I was REALLLLLLY hoping to run at least a 9:08 mile since that's the fastest mile I've run in recent times...since the beginning of the year. 


I was actually hoping for faster...would LOVE to run a sub-9 mile since I haven't run one of those for close to a year or maybe even longer. But I didn't want to expect too much, get my hopes up, then be disappointed for the rest of the day...so I told myself as long as I was sub-9:20, I would be satisfied.


8:45....YAY ME!!!!  Very surprised to have run that...and pleased...until...


I remembered the time when that was an easy-run pace  = (   And when I ran a mile at the same effort I ran this morning, my time was a 7:08 mile. And how horrible that I made the wrong choices that led to gaining back weight I'd worked so hard to lose thinking that I would never be that size again  = (


And then I zoned in on the "positive voice" and listened to all the nice, encouraging things it was saying  = )


- I had pretty much given up on getting to harvest any brussels sprouts that I'd planted last fall. The plants grew big and tall all through the winter. The little buds started forming just as it was warming up. We've been running close to 90* or above for several weeks so I figured I'd just pull the plants up.


So when I was out working in the garden today, starting to pull the plants, I discovered that there were plenty of sprouts that were eating-size! Then I started harvesting them...2 BIG bowl-fulls!!!!


And now I'm going to bed...good-night!








No comments:

Post a Comment